Mairobi Persinal Medina
- Born in 1992 in the Dominican Republic, living in Mieres, Asturias since 1999.
- Degree in Biotechnology (2011-2015) and master’s in Biomedicine and Molecular Oncology (2015-2016) at Universidad de Oviedo.
- Began working on the development of human bio-ink using human tissue, during her first master’s degree.
- Began her doctorate in the past year at IUFV, focusing on the development of human bio-ink by Álvaro Meana (Centro Comunitario de sangre y Tejidos de Asturias, IOFV, Universidad de Oviedo), Jesús Merayo (Universidad de Oviedo, IOFV, IUFV, FIO) and Sara Llames (Centro Comunitario de sangre y Tejidos de Asturias).
- Continued her studies at IUFV with a master’s in Regenerative Medicine and Advanced Treatments (since 09/2016).
- Furthermore, contributes to the HUMANINKS project through FIO, the project having been approved this year by IDEPA.